27+ Exciting Things to Do in Las Vegas
Last Updated on February 22, 2023 by Dana Berez
Things to Do in Las Vegas
Table of Contents
- 1 Things to Do in Las Vegas
- 1.1 Walk the Las Vegas Strip
- 1.2 Visit the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign
- 1.3 The Neon Museum Las Vegas
- 1.4 High Roller Las Vegas
- 1.5 Seven Magic Mountains
- 1.6 Afternoon Tea at Waldorf Astoria
- 1.7 Go Shopping
- 1.8 Sip Cocktails on a Rooftop Bar
- 1.9 Las Vegas Helicopter Tour
- 1.10 Experience a Luxury Spa
- 1.11 Eiffel Tower Viewing Deck Experience
- 1.12 Take Gondola Ride at The Venetian Las Vegas
- 1.13 Pink Jeep Tours
- 1.14 Go To a Vegas Pool party
- 1.15 Experience a Las Vegas Nightclub
- 1.16 Try Unique Cocktails
- 1.17 Take a Dip in Las Vegas Pools
- 1.18 See Nature on a Day Trip
- 1.19 See A Show
- 1.20 Sip at the Chandelier Bar
- 1.21 FLY Linq Zipline
- 1.22 See the Bellagio Fountains
- 1.23 Go Horseback Riding
- 1.24 Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens
- 1.25 Dinner & Entertainment at Mayfair Supper Club
- 1.26 Fremont Street Experience
- 1.27 Strat Sky Pod
- 1.28 Visit a Museum
One of the best things about visiting Las Vegas is the incredible things you while visiting, perfect for any itinerary. Of course, you can gamble at one of the many casinos, but I’ve put together a list of the best things to do in Las Vegas beyond gambling.
Whether you want some ideas for entertainment, free activities, adventures like a helicopter ride, or cute places to check out, I’ve covered them on this list!
I’ve been to Las Vegas a number of times, and I always find something new to add to this list, so you know this list is updated for 2023. Now let’s get into it.
Sorted in Random Order, Contains Affiliate Links.
Let’s Connect on Social: Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | TikTok
Walk the Las Vegas Strip
First things first, a must thing to do when in Las Vegas is walking the Las Vegas strip. There is so much to do and see from simply strolling down the strip including the Bellagio Fountain show, Mirage Volcano show, people-watching, and more!
And to make it even more fun, why not buy a cocktail on the go? It’s legal to carry an adult beverage on the Strip as long as it’s in a plastic container- no glass.
Now don’t be fooled, the strip is larger than it seems. The entire length of the strip is 4.2 miles! So be prepared if you plan on walking the majority of it.
Tip: If you’re visiting during summer you can walk through the Casino lobbies rather than walking the strip outside. There is air conditioning, and you can see all of the different types of hotels along the way.
Price: Free (minus anything you might be tempted to purchase along the way)
Related: Las Vegas Instagram Spots: Top 9 Locations You Can’t Miss
Visit the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign
Nothing is more iconic than snapping a photo in front of the “Welcome to Las Vegas” landmark sign made in 1959.
Located on the southern part of the Las Vegas Strip, adjacent to the Las Vegas airport. You can easily reach this location by Uber or Car with parking available. This sign is open 24 hours during the day for you to visit.
The Welcome to Las Vegas Sign does get crowded during the day, with a line to take photos. So the best time to have it to yourself is early in the morning. I visited around 7 AM and there was no one there.
The Neon Museum Las Vegas
The Neon Museum Las Vegas is a non-profit organization dedicated to collecting, preserving, and exhibiting Las Vegas neon signs, and is home to some of Las Vegas’s most iconic vintage neon signs. Located just outside the strip near downtown Las Vegas.
You can tour the outdoor exhibition space, known as the Neon Boneyard, featuring more than 200 signs, with the oldest being from 1930! There are a few tour options available including general admission, guided tour, and the Brillant! night show.
At sunset, the signs illuminate making the experience even more unique! For some great photos and memories, I’d visit around sunset to get the full experience. Note: see film & photography policy, no DSLR photography allowed.
Open: Open 7 days a week: 2 PM-10 PM most days (hours vary by season)
Price: General Admission: $20 for non-members/ $16 for locals. Guided Tours: $28 / Locals $24. Children under 6 are free.
High Roller Las Vegas
The High Roller is the world’s tallest observation wheel at 550 feet. It takes 30 minutes to complete a revolution leaving you with awe-inspiring views of the Las Vegas Strip and beautiful mountains in the distance.
There are 28 transparent pods that hold up to 40 passengers in each bubble. You can opt for a single ticket with your group, or have a one-of-a-kind cocktail experience, Happy Half Hour.
The Happy Half Hour cabins include an open bar and bartender for one full 30-minute rotation of the wheel. Happy Half Hour cabins can accommodate up to 10 guests aged 21 and over. P.S. Masks must be worn when not actively eating or drinking.
Hours: Monday-Thursday 4 PM-12 AM Friday-Sunday 12 PM-12 AM
Seven Magic Mountains
If you like art installations, visit Seven Magic Mountains, the Swiss artist Ugo Rondinone’s colorful public artwork is a must-visit. Located a 30-minute drive south of the Las Vegas Strip, you’ll find these large painted boulders in the middle of the desert.
Here you will find a collection of dayglow totems comprised of painted, locally-sourced boulders. Each of the seven ‘mountains’ is over 30 feet tall which is seen far throughout the desert of the Ivanpah Valley. You can witness them up close and take lots of fun photos in the process.
How to get to Seven Magic Mountains: You can either rent a car and drive yourself (parking lot available), or you can take an Uber. For Uber, the price per way is around $30, but it depends on what day and time. Just be sure to have enough cell service to request a ride back.
Price: Free entry
Afternoon Tea at Waldorf Astoria
Enjoy classic English Tea at the Tea Lounge at the Walford Astoria, located on the 26th floor offering sky-high views of the Las Vegas Strip in a beautiful quiet setting.
You’ll enjoy the finest tea selections from around the world, plus small sandwiches and decadent tea desserts. See the full menu here.
Open: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- 1st: 11:45 AM, 12:00 PM, 12:15 PM
- 2nd: 1:45 PM, 2:00 PM, 2:15 PM
- 3rd: 3:45 PM, 4:00 PM, 4:15 PM
Price: $58 per person
If you enjoy shopping, a must on any girl’s trip, the malls will literally blow you away with their decadent design, and hundreds of shops to choose from including high-end luxury designers to your favorite fashion finds.
- Caesars Forum Shops: a must-see shopping experience with more than 160 shops and restaurants.
- The Grande Canal Shops: shop in a Venetian-styled interior mall with more than 160 signature stores and premier luxury brands.
- Fashion Show Mall: offers a unique shopping experience with more than 250 shops and restaurants with entertainment right on the strip.
Sip Cocktails on a Rooftop Bar
Head to one of the many Vegas Rooftop bars and enjoy the iconic Vegas skyline and enjoy delicious cocktails. This is the perfect activity to take in the sunset, enjoy unique venues, and experience Vegas at night.
The Best Rooftop Bars in Las Vegas:
- Sky Bar: Enjoy original cocktails from Skybar’s mixologists on the 23rd floor of the Waldorf Astoria. This is a great stop for pre-show meals and to take in the views.
- Legacy Club: Located on the 60th floor at the newest hotel in downtown Vegas, Circa. This elegant rooftop lounge offers panoramic views of the city- the perfect spot to witness the sunset.
- Commonwealth: 6,000 square foot double-decker tavern with iconic rooftop views serving craft cocktails in downtown Las Vegas
- Beer Park: Relaxed outdoor bar located at the Paris Hotel with 36 beers on tap, great strip views perfect for people watching, and dozens of tvs.
Las Vegas Helicopter Tour
There is nothing like seeing the iconic Vegas Strip than from a helicopter. Maverick Helicopter prides itself on being the premier helicopter company in Las Vegas. Soar above the strip or experience once in a lifetime excursion to the Grand Canyon on the Grand Canyon Tour.
Personally, I am terrified of heights, but once in the air, my fear disappeared. The view from the helicopter was one of my favorite memories in Vegas!
Price: Starting at $89 per person
Experience a Luxury Spa
Need some rest and relaxation? Las Vegas has plenty of luxury spas specializing in all kinds of spa treatments and services. Here are some of the best luxurious spas to check out in Las Vegas:
- Spa at Aria: The largest 5-star rated spa in the US complete with a balcony therapy pool.
- Qua Baths & Spa at Caesars Palace: 50,000 square feet of spa space that include a Laconium Room, Roman Baths, Artic Ice Room, and specialty services.
- Sahra Spa, Salon & Hammam at The Cosmopolitan: Inspired by the desert’s unexpected depth & beauty.
Eiffel Tower Viewing Deck Experience
Ever wanted to visit the Eiffel Tower in France? Well, you can have a similar experience at the Paris Hotel Eiffel Tower Viewing Deck Experience.
The Eiffel Tower in Vegas is a half-scale replica of the original Parisian tower, and the viewing deck sits 46 floors above the Vegas Strip. Plus, you’ll be able to see the tower sparkle every 30 minutes until midnight!
Price: $22 / Open: 2 PM – 10 PM
Take Gondola Ride at The Venetian Las Vegas
Experience a hint of Venice with a Gondola Ride at the Venetian Hotel & Casino. You can opt for an indoor or outdoor ride, all the while being serened by your singing gondolier pilots.
Inside you’ll float underneath bridges, beside cafes, and under balconies all the while coasting down the Grand Canal!
Price: $39 Per Person
Pink Jeep Tours
Enjoy a day trip to Red Rock Canyon in style in an open-aired Pink Jeep Wrangler with Pink Jeep Tours.
You’ll get to see the same sights and natural landmarks, with the addition of a fun jaunt in the pink Wrangler driven by a guide that knows the land. Plus you’ll have time to get out of the Pink Jeep and explore to learn more about Red Rock Canyon.
The tour offers a convenient shuttle pick-up from your hotel to the meeting point at Red Rock Canyon. Experience a fun-filled day in nature with style!
Pink Jeep tours have both open-aired jeeps and closed jeeps, so you’ll have to specify when booking.
Price: $139 per adult
Go To a Vegas Pool party
Who says the party has to start at night? Here you’ll find some of the best day parties around, usually involving lots of sun, music, DJs, and a good time. Here are some of the best day clubs in Vegas:
- Encore Beach Club at Wynn – Encore Beach Club has a three-tiered pool complex reaching 60,000 square feet, that is lushly landscaped with pagoda showers, ‘lily pad’ water lounges, cabanas, and 8 ultraluxe two-story bungalows.
- Go Pool DayClub at Flamingo Hotel & Casino – Palm trees and waterfalls complete this day club experience with DJs playing daily is one of the most popular pool party spots on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Tao Beach Club at Venetian: Open during the Spring & Summer, you can enjoy bottle service at one of the 12 cabanas & feast on favorites from TAO Kitchen.
- The Pool at Marquee: The Pool at Marquee offers a more mature pool experience, with great music, food, bottle service, and cocktail offerings. Now open: Friday- Sunday 11 AM- Sunset.
Experience a Las Vegas Nightclub
Experience a night out like no other at one of the many nightclubs. These clubs are massive in size and host top-performing DJs and celebrities from around the world.
Omnia at Caesars Palace – Omnia hosts some of the best DJs in the world like Afrojack, Martin Garrix, Nervo, Steve Aoki, Zedd, Tiesto, and Calvin Harris, and has one of the largest dance floors in Vegas.
XS at Wynn – One of the top nightclubs in the world, XS attracts A-list performers, celebrities, and partygoers.
Jewel at ARIA – Jewel provides next-level nightlife entertainment in a dual-level nightlife destination with immersive design, and space as inviting as it is evocative.
Tao Nightclub – Enjoy a late night at TAO on Friday & Saturday nights at the Venetian Hotel featuring state-of-the-art sound and lighting, a large dance floor, and a terrace overlooking the Las Vegas strip.
Marquee Nightclub– Inside the Cosmopolitan Hotel, Marquee transforms into a 22,000 sq foot moon-lit lounge open on Friday & Saturday nights.
Try Unique Cocktails
Head to the Red Rock Casino, around a 20-minute ride from the Las Vegas Strip for unique cocktail experiences in lavish pop-up bars.
Crimson in bloom was a pop-up experience with a garden-inspired indoor and outdoor lounge with beautifully handcrafted cocktails which is transformed seasonally.
A new concept, the Rouge Room which is inspired by Europen Cocktail Bars will be filled with a vintage atmosphere and is coming soon in spring 2023!
Hours: Rouge Room experience coming soon for spring 2023!
Take a Dip in Las Vegas Pools
Just like most things in Vegas, even the pools are over the top with scale and design. And if you have your eyes set on a specific pool, then it’s best to book that hotel in Las Vegas, as non-guests don’t have access to the majority of hotel pools.
Of course, there are some exceptions to this rule by paying a cover to enter certain pools.
The good thing? Almost every pool in Las Vegas has an incredible set-up, so no matter where you stay, you’ll likely want to hang out at your own hotel’s pool.
Here are some of the best pools in Vegas:
- Bellagio Pool: Meditteranean-infused al-fresco pool experience with 5 pools, a garden cafe, cabanas, and more.
- Ceasars Garden of the Gods: This oasis features 7 pools, 4 swim-up blackjack tables, plenty of cabanas, lounge chairs, and more.
- Circa: Can access with a cover fee. Circa’s pool, Stadium Swim, can seat up to 4,000 people complete with 6 pools, swim-up bars, a massive 143-foot screen, and instagram-ready selfie walls.
See Nature on a Day Trip
There are so many amazing day trip opportunities right outside Las Vegas. Rent a car and take advantage of the proximity to see beautiful natural parks and more.
This is a perfect activity to break up the hustle of Las Vegas and to see the serenity just outside the city. Here are some day trip ideas just outside of Las Vegas:
- Red Rock Canyon: Choose from 26 numbered hikes and trails, and a scenic car ride through Red Rock Canyon just 20 minutes outside of the Las Vegas Strip. Entry price depends on the vehicle, with a personal car 1-day pass at $15. Timed entry reservations are required.
- Hoover Dam: 40 minutes from Las Vegas, check out the concrete arch-gravity dam that borders the states of Nevada and Arizona.
- Valley of Fire State Park: World-renowned for its 40,000 acres of bright red Aztec sandstone, with ancient trees and petroglyphs dating pack more than 2,000 years. It’s a 45-minute drive from the Las Vegas Strip, with $10 NV Licensed cars, and $15 for all other vehicles.
- Grand Canyon National Park: The closest rim from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon National park is the West Rim, approximately 2.5 hours from the Strip. It is possible for a day trip from Las Vegas.
Find the best car rental price here.
See A Show
Vegas hosts some of the best shows & residences in the world. When in Vegas, be sure to take in at least one show. I’m sure it will be a highlight of your trip.
There are so many great options to choose from including comedy shows, variety, dancing, concerts, and more! Here are some shows to look into:
- Cirque du Soleil: Shows include Michael Jackson’s One’, “O” at Bellagio, The Beatle’s “LOVE” at Mirage, “Mysteré” at Treasure Island, and KA at MGM Grand.
- Absinthe: A refreshing blend of Circus, burlesque, and vaudeville remixed in a modern way. P.S. it’s not for the faint of heart!
- V Variety Show: Variety of acrobats, comedy, magic, death & defying stunts.
- Jabbawockeez: Mesmerizing show with hip-hop dance.
Sip at the Chandelier Bar
Enjoy a cocktail at the Chandelier Bar inside The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas. This 3-level bar takes place inside a grand chandelier with 3 unique experiences made up of 7 million crystals.
- Bottom of the Chandelier (Level 1) High energy location in the middle of the classic casino lounge
- Inside the Chandelier (Level 1.5) Sophisticated sanctuary offers fine hand-crafted cocktails.
- Top of the Chandelier (Level 2) Inviting lounge that showcases how grand the chandelier is.
Location: Cosmopolitan Hotel & Casino
Open: Daily 24 hours
FLY Linq Zipline
Ready to fly? FLY LINQ Zipline starts out 12 stories above the LINQ Promenade overlooking the Las Vegas Skyline reaching speeds up to 35 miles per hour.
There are two ways to fly, one is seated and the other one is to fly like a superhero. The FLY LINQ Zipline is open from 2-10 PM.
Price: $30 Purchase Tickets in Advance
See the Bellagio Fountains
A must in Las Vegas is seeing the Bellagio Fountain show. And it’s more than just a show, it’s a complex water feature using music and movement with over 1,000 fountains soaring 460 feet high in the sky.
Each performance is unique with new expression and music, so no matter how many times you have seen the show, you’ll be in for something new.
The fountain show runs:
- Monday – Friday: every 30 minutes from 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM, and every 15 minutes from 8:00 PM to midnight
- Weekends: every 30 minutes from 12:00 pm to 8:00 PM, and every 15 minutes from 8:00 PM to midnight.
Location: Bellagio Hotel & Caisno
Go Horseback Riding
If you ever wanted an authentic cowboy experience, then a half-day tour horseback riding tour at Maverick Ranch outside of Las Vegas is calling your name!
Get away from the hustle of the strip, and spend your morning in the charming atmosphere of the Ranch. This tour includes pickup from your hotel, and you’ll drive out to Maverick Ranch. On a horse, you can take in the beautiful scenery and get an authentic feel for ranch life.
After your ride, you’ll then dine on a hearty ranch breakfast including eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, and more.
Location: (Pickup included from the hotel)
Price: From $129.99
Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens
The Bellagio Conservatory & Gardens, located inside the lobby at the Bellagio hotel is transformed every season showcasing inspiring sights, sounds, scents, and colors.
When the seasons change, so do the displays. Spring, summer, fall, winter, and lunar new year are all featured in the garden with a special design.
It is a beautiful, and free activity to do in Vegas, taking in the gorgeous real flowers and plants reflecting the season.
Location: Bellagio Hotel & Casino
Price: Free, open 24 hours
Dinner & Entertainment at Mayfair Supper Club
The Mayfair Supper Club brings new energy to Las Vegas dining. Enjoy dinner and a show the classic way.
Inspired by the top supper clubs from around the world, the Mayfair Supperclub brings the return of the glamourous era of Vegas and old New York with spectacular entertainment, singing, dancing, and of course delectable cuisine. You’ll be in for a fun, memorable night!
Location: Bellagio Hotel: 3600 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
Fremont Street Experience
Head to Downtown Las Vegas to Fremont Street to experience free nightly light shows with three stages, things to do like ziplining, and plenty of bars and restaurants to enjoy!
This is home to many famous casinos from the Golden Nugget, Binion’s Horseshoe, Eldorado Club, and more! Try your luck at one of the many casinos within walking distance, plus the people-watching here is an activity in itself.
Strat Sky Pod
Head to the Strat Hotel and take a ride to the top of SkyPod, the 1,149-foot-tall tower, the tallest freestanding observation tower in the United States. You can enjoy a selfie spot, indoor & outdoor observation decks, and award-winning fine dining with amazing views!
The excitement doesn’t end there.
Here you can choose a few heart-pounding, adrenaline-pumping thrill rides Vegas has to offer including skydiving and thrill rides.
And if you’re looking to dine in the sky, head to the Top of the World restaurant where you’ll rotate 360 degrees overlooking the entire Las Vegas Valley.
Visit a Museum
Even in Las Vegas, you can still learn something fun at one of the very many interactive Museums.
- Mob Museum: Learn the history of organized crime through interactive exhibits at the Mob Museum.
- Titanic Artifact Museum: Get an up-close view of over 250 recovered artifacts from the Titanic.
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum: Get inches away from your favorite celebs at the Wax Museum, with a perfect photo op inside the Hangover movie’s suite.
More Things to do in Las Vegas:
Related: Las Vegas Instagram Spots: Top 9 Locations You Can’t Miss
Las Vegas Instagram Spots: Top 9 Locations You Can’t Miss
Hope you enjoyed this post: Save it to your Pinterest Boards:
This is a great list. Vegas is my home away from home. I also recommend visitors who are looking for a late night bite to eat check out The Peppermill on the north end of the strip. This awesome diner has been around for decades and offers gigantic portions and delicious frozen drinks. I’ve even seen a few local celebs pop in after their shows.
Next time you’re at the Chandler bar ask for the drink with the flower. Its an experience. A good brunch spot with a changing menu, good food, drinks and the patio is on the the strip, is the HEX. If you like bloody Mary s they have one that’s a meal and can be shared.
Reyna Gonzales Colston
Probably the best blog on Vegas! Thank you!